MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – Maritime industry organizations operating out of the Port of Mobile have joined together to lead a relief campaign against Hurricane Ida.
Alabama State Port Authority and APM Terminals is partnering with CDL of Alabama, Myers Concrete, Walt & Laura Engel (Walt’s with the City of Summerdale) to accept donations through noon Friday September 10 CDL of Alabama will transport supplies Saturday, September 11 to Houma, Louisiana in Terrebonne Parish. Electricity, water, communications, homes and businesses are badly damaged. Houma officials on the ground planned access to the area and a drop zone for distribution. If you would like to donate, bring supplies to the following drop-off points:
APM MOBILE TERMINALS
Weekdays and weekends 24/7 until NOON SEPTEMBER 10
901, boul. Ezra Trice
Just off I-10, Virginia Street Exit
Alabama State Port Authority
250 N. Water Street
7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to noon Sept. 10
LIST OF REQUIRED ELEMENTS:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food items – don’t forget baby food
- Personal hygiene/Feminine hygiene/Baby products
- Pet supplies
- D, C, AA, AAA batteries
- Household cleaning products – PLEASE NO BLEACH
- First aid supplies and basic medications (over the counter)
- Toilet paper / Paper towels / Diapers
- Mosquito repellent
- Over-the-counter pain relief, bandages, and antibiotic ointment
Have you thought of anything else? Please bring it!
All content © 2021, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A Meredith Corporation station). All rights reserved.